Welcome to Python Social Auth’s documentation!¶
Python Social Auth aims to be an easy-to-setup social authentication and authorization mechanism for Python projects supporting protocols like OAuth (1 and 2), OpenID and others.
The initial codebase is derived from django-social-auth with the idea of generalizing the process to suit the different frameworks around, providing the needed tools to bring support to new frameworks.
The project is now split into smaller modules to isolate and reduce responsibilities and improve reusability.
Code and other contributions are welcome. The code is hosted on GitHub.
- Extending the Pipeline
- Beginner’s Guide
- Disconnect and Logging Out
- Testing python-social-auth
- Use Cases
- Return the user to the original page
- Pass custom GET/POST parameters and retrieve them on authentication
- Retrieve Google+ Friends
- Associate users by email
- Signup by OAuth access_token
- Multiple scopes per provider
- Enable a user to choose a username from their World of Warcraft characters
- Re-prompt Google OAuth2 users to refresh the
- Improve unicode cleanup from usernames
- Copyrights and Licence