Welcome to Python Social Auth’s documentation!¶
Python Social Auth aims to be an easy-to-setup social authentication and authorization mechanism for Python projects supporting protocols like OAuth (1 and 2), OpenID and others.
The initial codebase is derived from django-social-auth with the idea of generalizing the process to suit the different frameworks around, providing the needed tools to bring support to new frameworks.
django-social-auth itself was a product of modified code from django-twitter-oauth and django-openid-auth projects.
The project is now split into smaller modules to isolate and reduce responsibilities and improve reusability.
Code and other contributions are welcome. The code is hosted on GitHub.
- Extending the Pipeline
- Beginner’s Guide
- Disconnect and Logging Out
- Testing python-social-auth
- Use Cases
- Return the user to the original page
- Pass custom GET/POST parameters and retrieve them on authentication
- Retrieve Google+ Friends
- Associate users by email
- Signup by OAuth access_token
- Multiple scopes per provider
- Enable a user to choose a username from their World of Warcraft characters
- Re-prompt Google OAuth2 users to refresh the
- Improve unicode cleanup from usernames
- Copyrights and Licence